07.02.09

173 lives lost.
414 injured.More then 3,500 homes destroyed.
7,500 people left homeless.Towns and communities reduced to ash.
Families torn apart.
More than 3,000 firefighters fighting until mid March to get these towering infernos under control.
Almost everyone in Victoria knows somebody who died, or somebody who fought for there their houses and their lives this date 365 days ago. It didn't just effect a town or even just the state of Victoria.... It effected a Nation.
Australia's worst natural disaster.
One year on life has started to return to the fire ravaged parts of the state...
I have friends who were lucky enough to save there houses but stayed and fought hard to save them, they lost neighbours, friends, family and there animals.My sister Amanda lost friends and work colleges.
I cant explain the sadness and sorrow i feel for these people. I still find it hard to watch news coverage of it, i can only imagine how hard it is for people who were directly effected by it.
One year on....
WE REMEMBER.

0 comments:
Post a Comment