Sunday, March 21, 2010

Im far too old...

let me set the scene...

In October last year Rai moved to Melbourne and was living with a couple who WERE friends of mine. In early January Rai got a phone call from a primary school back in Portland offering her a full time teaching job. After 4 years of uni only an idiot would turn it down.

She discussed it with her housemates who both told her that it is a great opportunity and it would be silly for her not to move back to Portland and take the job.... So Rai did exactly that.

Since moving back they have turned somewhat nasty demanding Rai pay rent till the lease is up in October even though she isn't living there or until they found someone new to move in. Rai had said she would pay up until April to help them out because she felt bad for bailing on them and because she didn't have to pay rent in Portland till April. She spoke to the real estate during the week who informed Rai that not long after she went back to Portland her housemates went in and told them that they weren't going to get anyone else in but just cover the extra rent themselves...

So why have they been telling Rai they are looking for someone?

So that they can bully Rai into paying rent they said they would cover!

Rai is far too nice to say anything to them about it so they just walk all over her.

I have kept my mouth shut of the whole situation because it isn't my fight to fight, I have other issues with them or maybe not even them, maybe just half of "them" maybe just HER...
I have come to the realisation that the friendship i had with one of Rai' s housemates was one of convenience on her behalf. It was always me doing the calling, me going to visit the whole thing was one sided. This kind of hurt considering when her parents pretty much kicked her out it was me who let her stay at my place rather then the back of her car. The last time she contacted me was because she was having trouble with her boyfriend. So me doing the right thing went over and listened to her cry even though i actually thought she had bought it all on herself.... nasty i know.

I know this will sound way more immature then it actually is but i did a big facebook clean up a couple of weeks ago and deleted her.

So last Friday comes and i get a text message from her asking why i have deleted her off facebook and if it has anything to do with Rai then that's not fair.
I replied as nicely as i possibly could explaining how i felt about our friendship and that no it wasn't because of Rai although i wasn't too impressed with the way they treated her. I also told her i didn't have time to argue with her and just to leave it at that... AS IF!
I got a reply.

Most people know that if you piss me off I'm not one to sit back and say nothing. I wouldn't say i like confrontation but if it comes knocking on my door I'm certainly not afraid of it.
She started lying about things she had said and what not and i called her on them and then once again asked her to drop it..... don't be silly.... i got yet another reply.

Up until now i was fairly nice about everything, i just wanted her to leave me alone and that would've been it.

To be honest i couldn't believe that at the age of 25 i was having a fight like this through text messages.... This is high school bull shit!
I couldn't believe this chick kept replying... seriously give it up already! So i thought i would do the grown up thing and not reply.. me grown up HA HA for the first time in my life!

Then i get a message from her boyfriend.... WTF?!!!

That's it... i lost my shit! No more biting my tongue, i went for the jugular knowing that if i hit low enough she would get the hint and leave me alone. By no means at the beginning of all this did i want it to turn ugly, i even told her that because we have mutual friends if i saw her out i wouldn't be rude or nasty but just not to expect me to have a conversation with her.
I went all out on her arse... I told her that was it, i didn't need friends like her and telling her exactly what i thought of everything they did to Rai... i ended they message with...
"I am done with this shit.... i am done with you... End of story."

4 days later and thank god i am yet to receive a reply. I look back at the messages and think maybe if i didn't reply in the first place it wouldn't of ended up the way it did but i think i needed to tell her exactly why i was angry at her... either way it completely blew up... I'm not impressed with how i ended up handling it. I knew she was pushing my buttons on purpose but i still fell in to her trap anyway.

Oh well you win some you lose some right?!



3 comments:

El Woppo said...

People like that arent worth the expended energy in any form. So you blew up, at the end of the day she should be gone for good and you live happily ever after. fairy tale ending if you ask me :P

leasha said...

Well when you put it like that it almost seems worth it!
She really isnt worth my time and energy... it still doesnt make me feel any better about the way things went down though.

Smelly Danielly said...

I love when you blow up on people. I just hope you never blow up on me!!! Haha!

Post a Comment